Do you have bold dreams?
Apply Now to Become a Wentcher Scholar
The Wentcher Foundation identifies students nearing graduation from CPS high schools who exemplify academic excellence, high character, and demonstrate financial need. To be eligible for a Wentcher Scholarship, an applicant must:
- Be a Chicago Public Schools senior graduating in June 2021
- Have a minimum 3.0 unweighted GPA
- Be eligible to receive federal financial aid. Applications from US citizens, legal permanent residents, and FAFSA-eligible non-citizens will be considered. If you are not sure about your eligibility status, visit the Federal Student Aid website.
The Wentcher Foundation typically requires standardized test scores of 1030 SAT and/or 20 ACT be submitted with their application, however this year submission of test scores is optional.
Applications for the 2021 CPS Wentcher Scholarship will open on Monday, December 14, 2020. The application deadline will be Friday, February 5, 2021.
Wentcher Foundation is the leading scholarship organization that focuses solely on high-character, high-achieving Chicago Public School students, awarding more than 80 scholarships a year across the city. Our scholars have a college completion rate of 93%.
When you become a Wentcher Scholar, you receive a scholarship award, of up to a $10,000 a year, renewable for four years, made possible by the legacy of Ernie Wentcher but also:
- A Wentcher team and community that considers you part of our Wentcher community.
- Hands-on guidance and resources for social, emotional and academic support, such as digital tutoring and access to online student assistance program.
- The flexibility to attend any eligible U.S. college as well as study abroad programs of your choice.
- A professional network of other scholars as well as alumni who are also high-achieving, high-character individuals.
We currently have over 800 current and alumni Wentcher Scholars who are already changing the world. Are you ready to become one of them?
Questions? Email email@example.com or call 847.410.1990.